Are you aged between 18-25 and living in the Craigavon Borough? Would you Like the Opportunity to Participate in an OCN Accredited Community Development Training Programme?
The course will commence on Tuesday 7th October 2014 and run for 8 Consecutive Tuesdays – 7pm -9pm. Training is free and will be delivered at Craigavon Civic Centre
About the Programme
The Citizen 21 Programme offers you the chance to develop your understanding and skills in community development alongside other young people who are keen to play an active role in their community.
Each session will cover a different aspect of community development in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and will draw on participants own experience and knowledge of their community.
The Citizen 21 Programme will also give you the chance to gain accreditation for your learning through the Open College Network NI.
During the sessions, you will have the chance to explore the following topics:
- Community Development values and practice
- Learning from shared experiences
- Identifying needs and issues within the community
- Engaging with the community
- Effective group working and organising
- Working with other groups and statutory agencies
- Community planning and representing the views and needs of young people.
The Citizen 21 Programme also offers the chance to engage directly with a number of different statutory agencies. These sessions will include meetings with:
- Chief Executive of the new ABC Council
- Council Officers
- The Mayor and Party Leaders
- Statutory Agencies and Government Departments
- Voluntary and Community sector agencies