Williamson Consulting has been commissioned to carry out consultation leading to the preparation of a new Financial Assistance policy for the merged Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon Council. This will enable the new Council to determine how best to support those projects and activities which can best meet local needs and address Council’s overall objectives. The Financial Assistance Policy will cover:
- Community support
- Recreation and leisure
- Community festivals
- Good relations
The consultants are undertaking a very wide programme of consultation with Council officers and statutory, community and voluntary sector stakeholders. Consultation with community and voluntary sector organisations across the three council areas will include public focus groups, an online questionnaire and direct discussions.
We are keen to understand how Council’s financial support affects your organisation and activities. We would be grateful if you would undertake the online questionnaire which can be accessed by clicking on the following link. The questionnaire should take no more than 5 minutes to complete.
We are also keen to give you an opportunity to attend one of the community focus groups. All of these are open to community or voluntary organisations working in the Armagh, Banbridge or Craigavon council areas. The focus groups are as follows:
- Wednesday 28 May 2.00 – 4.00 p.m. – Banbridge, Old Town Hall
- Thursday 29 May 7.00 – 9.00 – Banbridge, Old Town Hall
- Monday 2 June 2.00 – 4.00 p.m. – Market Place Theatre, Armagh
- Tuesday 3 June 2.00 – 4.00 p.m. – Craigavon Civic Centre, Lakeview Suite 3
- Monday 9 June 7.00 – 9.00 p.m. – Craigavon Civic Centre, Lakeview Suite 3
- Tuesday 10 June 7.00 – 9.00 p.m. – Market Place Theatre, Armagh
The consultation sessions will focus on:
- How Council funding currently meets needs
- What Council’s funding priorities should be
- What principles should apply to any new funding
- The current impact of Council support on your organisation or activities
- The application and monitoring process – now and in future
Further information can also be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 028 9266 8688.
It is also possible to make a written submission should you wish to do so, to: email@example.com